Laboratory Corporation of America Part-Time Processor in Garden City, Kansas
Prepares laboratory specimens for designated departments/locations prior to laboratory analysis and testing. Unpacks specimens from branches or ports and routes specimens by type to various staging areas. Prepares all specimens received for testing in designated laboratory departments or locations such as staging of specimens, centrifuge, separate serum, and blood smears. Aliquots sample for departments. Prepares excess specimen samples for storage and resolves and document problem specimens.
As business requires, you may need to act as a LabCorp Service Rep which would include client-facing time in patient service centers, doctor's offices, and medical centers, in addition to lockbox drop-offs. You'll track, handle and process specimen samples -- treating them as if they were your own family's. You'll regularly identify and document our specimens, both manually and electronically, as well as fill supply requests if necessary. At the end of the day, you'll find that you're a respected member of our team and receive recognition throughout our network for the impact you make.
Our requirements include:
· High school diploma or equivalent, as well as Phlebotomy certification (where required) from an accredited agency
· Completion of an approved phlebotomy training course (or equivalent)
· Valid driver's license with clean driving record
· Minimum of 2 years of experience as a patient service technician/phlebotomist
· Proficiency in the following: blood collection by venipuncture and capillary technique from patients of all age groups, urine drug screen collections, paternity collections, breath/saliva alcohol testing, LCM/Cyber Tools, TestCup, pediatric blood collections, and difficult draws(patients in long-term care
facilities, drug rehabilitation facilities, prisons, psychiatric facilities, or similar
Mon - Fri 4:00pm - 7:30pm
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.