Laboratory Corporation of America (Phlebotomist Float) Patient Services Technician Specialist (Float) in Columbia, South Carolina
You love to interact with patients and play a role in their overall healthcare experience. As our PST Specialist, you'll be able to do just that. Our technology is second to none in the industry, and you'll work with new electronic reporting and accuracy tools, allowing you to focus on your patients and increase your success rates. Along with patient collection and obtaining specimens for processing, you'll pack and ship specimens as well as prepare samples. Your daily interaction with patients and sense of ownership, will be essential to our success.
This is a full-time phlebotomy float position that will travel to different sites in the Columbia area as needed for coverage. Use of a personal vehicle is required, with mileage reimbursement provided for miles driven above travel to and from the base site. Must have a valid driver's license with no more than one driving violation in the last three years.
Our requirements include:
· High school diploma or equivalent, as well as Phlebotomy certification (where required) from an accredited agency
· Completion of an approved phlebotomy training course (or equivalent)
· Valid driver's license with clean driving record
· Minimum of 2 years of experience as a patient service technician/phlebotomist
· Proficiency in the following: blood collection by venipuncture and capillary technique from patients of all age groups, urine drug screen collections, paternity collections, breath/saliva alcohol testing, LCM/Cyber Tools, TestCup, pediatric blood collections, and difficult draws(patients in long-term care
facilities, drug rehabilitation facilities, prisons, psychiatric facilities, or similar
to vary between 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday; Rotating Saturdays
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.